Friday, January 23, 2009

Deal of the Century

I was in Target today updating my baby registry and noticed that it listed the Boppy Bouncer for $13.74 instead of $54.99. I asked someone who worked there about it; and they said that I could purchase the bouncer for the price listed on my registry. So I searched and hunted and solicited the help of yet another Target employee to find one. Unfortunately, it turns out that Target is discontinuing the item; and they didn't have any in the store. In fact, only one location in Houston - an hour's drive away - had one left. I was assured, however, that I could purchase it online for the same price. I would just have to pay shipping. What a deal!


I left Target and went to Babies R Us. They had a huge sign posted on the wall stating that they would match anyone's advertised price. Hmm... Does a registry count as an advertisement? Fortunately, I had the printout in my purse. I whipped it out and asked. I was told that they would honor the price IF they had the item in the store. Turns out they did. I saved $41.25 on the bouncer - it says so right on my receipt!


My darling Claire is now the proud owner of this beautiful bouncer:

2 comments:

  1. We love the bouncer, so pink and cute and what a deal!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, it's been more than a week now. How about a nursery update?!?!Mmmm?

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete