Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ta Da!

Steve has been very concerned that my idea for this shelf might not work. After much deliberation and consultation with neighbors and friends, he devised a plan.
How to Hang an 80 lb. Bookshelf on the Wall
Measure twice; drill once.

Test the strength of the brackets.

Push and pull on the shelf to ensure that it will not tip forward.

One more weight test.

Let the decorating begin.

And voila - a perfectly hung shelf that can hold at least 200 lbs.

Next step for the nursery - a crib.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy!!

    I just read through your "conception" story!!! I just can not tell you how my heart lept for joy when I heard you were pregnant!!!

    I just can't say congratulations enough!!

    Peace,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive indeed. if it was at our house, it might be hanging a bit wonky, haha!

    ReplyDelete