Friday, June 5, 2009

Update

Just a quick update on the Nortons...

We are so happy to be "Norton - Party of Three!!!" Life is good!

Claire had her first pediatrician's appointment this morning. She's doing great! She cried when they pricked her heel for her metabolic screening and again when they gave her a Hepatitis B shot; but other than that, she was happy and alert. All is well.

Claire is sleeping through the night; so are her mommy and daddy! She only wakes up twice to eat with a four-hour sleep in between feedings. This is a great schedule!

Claire cannot fly until she has had her immunizations which are scheduled for July 27th. So for the time being, we are limited to road trips.

My parents came last week and stayed for six days. It was so nice having them here. Claire loved spending time with her Mimi and Pop Pop. Steven and I really enjoyed the visit too.

Claire's first outing was to church when she was two days old. She did great and slept all through service. Everyone ooed and awed over her.

I am breastfeeding, and that's going well. In fact, it's much easier than I thought it would be given all of the horror stories everyone feels so inclined to share.

(For the record, my new pet peeve is when someone feels the need to share their horror pregnancy story or their horror birth story or their horror breastfeeding story or any horror story related to their children. Everyone is different. Just because someone had a hard time with something doesn't mean that everyone will. In fact, I believe that we should be the exception to the rule. I had an amazing pregnancy, a fabulous and pain-free labor and delivery - yes, PAIN FREE!!!, and I think that breastfeeding is easy. God is good to me! OK - back to Claire - enough of my soapbox.)

And what you were really looking for - more pictures of my beautiful Claire:

Enjoying bathtime
Napping...
I love this expression! It's so Claire.
Sporting the new headband that Mimi got for her - it's totally fabulous!
Chillaxin' with Mimi

Napping with Pop Pop

Baby Girl just woke up and is hungry. I must go...

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! (Or should I say girls now, haha) I'm so glad that all is well with the breastfeeding, etc., and I totally agree with your soapbox. Don't let 'em get to you. And I am so proud you took her to church so early. Most folks we know wait way too long -- months and months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://baggygames.com


    Good Bloog my friend!! Congratulations!!


    Here you can find tons of great online flash games to play.
    Remember to check back often because we are always adding new games.

    Play Free Online Games http://baggygames.com

    ReplyDelete