Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One Week and Counting!…

I am so very excited about the upcoming celebrations!  This is going to be the very best birthday ever!

To hold you over until the partying begins, here are a few more details about my girl.photo6

Oh the things she says!

Claire was playing with Cale on the floor.  She looked up at me and said, “Oh, Mom!  He’s SO cute!  Can we keep him?  Please?  Please?!”  She had the cutest little pleading face and folded hands as she begged me to let her keep her brother.  I, of course, conceded.

Anytime that she is telling a story, and even sometimes when she’s not actually telling a full story, she says “becuz” in every single sentence.  She even tries to start sentences with “becuz.”  She may even have a chain of 15-20 “becuzes” in a single point.  Whatever she says after the “becuz” may or may not have anything to do with what came before the “becuz.”

She loves to bow and address me as “Your Highness.”  I did not teach her this.  I think she’s been watching a few too many princess movies.

She has learned to speak “Texan.”  My daughter has a giant vocabulary and pronounces most words very clearly – or at least she did before she learned “Texan.”  Before, Claire would say, “I want you,” when she wanted to be held or cuddled.  Now she says, “I-wan-cha.”  (It sounds like one word.)

She is extremely affectionate and will often hug and kiss me while saying any or several of the following:  “I love you!”  “I’m so glad you’re my mom!”  “I’m glad you’re my girl!”  “You’re my favorite!”  “You make me so happy!”  “You’re my best friend!”

Oh the things she loves to do!  She loves tea parties.photo9She loves to twirl like a princess.  She loves to dance.  She loves to sing.  She loves to swim.photo10photo1 She loves to play at the park.  She loves to ride her bike.  She loves to snuggle – especially while watching movies and eating “popcorns.”photo8She loves to color.  She loves to read books.photo7She loves to put puzzles together.  She loves to play games.  She loves playing with her stuffed animals and dolls.  She loves playing the role of mommy.  She loves playing with her brother.  She loves going to church and learning about Jesus.  She loves making friends.

Claire is getting so excited about her birthday!  We are too!  We love our girl!!

1 comment:

  1. PopPop and MiMi are getting excited about the upcoming festivities too! She is quite the swimmer...so cute!

    ReplyDelete