Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Funniest Question Ever!

While attending my brother's wedding this past weekend, I had the opportunity to see some wonderful friends that I haven't seen in quite a while. One such couple has an adorable, almost-four-year-old son who is quite hilarious. You never know what might come out of his mouth. And his take on life in general is just so funny!

At the rehearsal dinner, this adorable child was running around with the other little kids who he called "my little boy" and "my little girl" - his "my little girl" being my niece. They are so funny together. After my niece had gone back to the hotel to get some sleep, he looked at me and asked, "Do you have a little boy?" I smiled and said no. He asked, "Do you have a little girl?" I said, "I will soon." His mother started explaining that I had a baby in my belly just like his teacher at school. She explained that while his teacher was going to have to a little boy, I'm going to have a little girl. He wanted to see the baby, but his mother started telling him that the baby was in my tummy and that we'd have to wait until she's born to see her. He reached out and touched my belly. He looked me in the eye and asked, "How did she get in there?" The only thing that popped into my head at that moment was "God put her in there." I knew this would just raise more questions, so I waited to hear what his brilliant mother had to say. She giggled and told him they'd talk about it later. (I'm sure she was hoping that he'd forget about it by the time later rolled around.) He looked at his mom and then back at me; and with a complete look of shock and awe, he asked, "Did you eat the baby?!" It was hilarious!

Oh the questions that little boys can come up with! Thanks for the giggles, H!

3 comments:

  1. That poor mother...;)

    He is full of it! And we had the BEST time with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee!!! That's awesome!!

    You're getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I wish I could have been present for this convo!
    It was so great to see you guys at the wedding, even though it was brief. Can't wait to see you in July, and to meet Claire of course!
    ~Randi

    ReplyDelete