Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

For those of you who are familiar with our conception story, you'll know that Mother's Day is very special to me. Three years ago on Mother’s Day, I grabbed hold of the promise of our baby. As our pastor's wife spoke that morning to those who wanted to be mothers, she reassured us that God had not forgotten us. It was the beginning of our miracle adventure. This morning, for the very first time, I was able to stand with the mommies on Mother's Day. Me! I stood! And I received the blessing of my pastor and his wife - a blessing for mothers - a blessing for me! As I stood there with my husband holding my hand and my baby dancing in my belly, I knew that the God of the Universe had not forgotten me. He breathed His life into me. He healed my body. And He gave me Claire.

Today was also the 50th Anniversary of Lakewood Church. It was such an incredible service as we looked back at how Lakewood started and how it's grown and the lives it has changed. As we stood there singing Great Is Thy Faithfulness, I was reminded of another service in that building last summer where I stood singing that song not yet knowing that I was already carrying our precious miracle. Our God is so amazing and so faithful!

God used this morning's service as a memorial stone for me. I was reminded of where I'd been and how I've changed. I was able to see God's handiwork in my life in so many ways, not the least of which is Claire.

We also took time this morning to look at where we're headed. Claire is due just five days from now. Steven and I are embarking on an incredible journey this week. We will become parents to a beautiful little girl. How amazing! We are so blessed!

So today, for all of you mommies out there, Happy Mother's Day! May you enjoy your children. May you have wisdom in raising them as they are young and in advising and guiding them as they grow up. May you always discipline consistently and lovingly. May they honor you and cherish you. May you always trust one another and love each other. Have a wonderful day today!

And for my mommy - thank you. Thank you for all that you have been to me in my life - my caregiver, my playmate, my teacher, my disciplinarian, my confidant, my advisor, my role model, my best friend, my mommy. Because of you, I am confident and strong. Because of you, I know how to love others in my life. Because of you, I trust our loving Heavenly Father. Because of you, I know that I, too, will be a good mommy. Thank you for your example. Thank you for your instruction. But thank you most of all for your extravagant love. Happy Mother's Day! I love you so very much!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! I loved each and every carefully chosen word, and I, too, celebrate Mother's Day with you. Thanks for sharing again the glory of God and all that He has done (and is doing) in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! i am so excited just reading your blog... My heart leaps for joy just reading your every step of life you and your hubby had taken.... We are standing on the promise of God to bless us and we are already thanking the the most kindest God for this gift....

    Thank you for being such a great model... God Bless....Carmelita & Dass

    ReplyDelete