Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

I had another doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Since I am past my due date, they want to see me two or three times a week to make sure that the baby is still doing well. The placenta can age and the amniotic fluid can get low. They are keeping an eye on these two things. As things stand now, we are still believing for and planning on a natural (or rather supernatural) childbirth, meaning that we're waiting for my body to go into labor on its own rather than being induced.

I will go back to the doctor on Friday, if Claire hasn't come before then. During this appointment I will have a Nonstress Test. (Click on the link for more details.) Basically, it just makes sure that Claire is doing OK in there.

I am fine. I still feel good. I don't have any swelling. My blood pressure is normal. I'm not gaining weight. Everything is good.

Steve is scheduled to work on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. He has a day trip on Friday. He leaves on Saturday for a two-day trip, back on Sunday evening. He leaves again on Monday for another two-day trip, back on Tuesday evening. We really, really want Claire to come on Thursday, May 21st (today). Otherwise, it's hit or miss with Steve's schedule; and we really don't want her to wait until the 27th.

Again, we'll update the blogs and Facebook with details as things progress.

Thanks again for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Dad and I are praying in agreement with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in our thoughts and prayers! Boy, that Claire already has a mind of her own, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete